What's buzzing on Yahoo Sports:
By Keith Hickey
September 21, 2012 12:33 AM
|LA Galaxy (4-4-2): Saunders; Franklin, Gonzalez, DeLaGarza, Dunivant; Jimenez, Stephens, Juninho, Magee; Buddle, Keane.
OUT: DF Leonardo (R knee inflammation); MF Kyle Nakazawa (back spasms)
QUESTIONABLE: MF David Beckham (L ankle sprain); FW Landon Donovan (L hamstring strain); DF David Junior Lopes (L ankle sprain)
|Toronto FC (4-4-2): Kocic; Hall, Eckersley, O'Dea, Emory; Lambe, Maund, Dunfield, Johnson; Hassli, Silva.
OUT: GK Stefan Frei (L lower leg); FW Danny Koevermans (L knee ACL tear); DF Ty Harden (lower abdominal strain); MF Torsten Frings (L hip)
DOUBTFUL: FW Eric Hassli (R ankle sprain)
- LA is third in the West, ahead of Real Salt Lake by virtue of superior goal difference.
- Toronto is dead last in the East, and has the worst record in MLS last year. Along with New England, the Reds are one of just two teams averaging less than a point per game.
- With just one more goal, LA's Landon Donovan would record his second "double-double" season, hitting at least 10 goals and 10 assists. The only other season he accomplished the feat, 2005, the Galaxy went on to hoist the MLS Cup.
- While the teams are meeting for the first time in league play this season, they did meet in March in the CONCACAF Champions League, TFC winning the quarterfinal series 3-2 on aggregate, including a 2-1 at the Home Depot Center.
- In league play, the clubs have played to four consecutive draws, three scoreless draws in a row followed by a 2-2 result last June 11 in Carson.
- David Beckham
- Landon Donovan
- Eric Hassli