Houston Dynamo (4-3-3): Hall; Hainault, Boswell, Taylor, Ashe; Boniek Garcia, Moffat, Davis; Carr, Bruin, Kandji.
PROBABLE: FW Calen Carr (L knee swelling)
Columbus Crew (4-2-3-1): Gruenebaum; Miranda, Marshall, Mendes, Williams; Grossman, Birchall; Gaven, Mirosevic, Duka; Arrieta.
OUT: FW Tommy Heinemann (L knee surgery); GK William Hesmer (R hip surgery); MF Bernardo Anor (L knee ACL tear)
DOUBTFUL: DF Nenamja Vukovic (L ankle sprain); DF Rich Balchan (sports hernia rehab)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Danny O'Rourke (L ankle sprain)
- Houston is one of only two clubs yet to lose at home this season. Its +14 home goal differential trails only D.C. United's (+15).
- Columbus is seventh in the Eastern Conference, two spots out of a playoff position.
- The Crew presented new Designated Player Federico Higuain to the media this week. The older brother of Real Madrid striker Gonzalo could feature this weekend assuming his paperwork goes through.
- Last week the Dynamo lost to New York, snapping a five-game winning run and an eight-match unbeaten streak.
- Andy Gruenebaum is second in the league with 80 blocks. Of goalkeepers with 10 or more starts, he's tied for third with a save percentage of 78.