|Houston Dynamo (4-4-2): Hall; Sarkodie, Boswell, Brunner, Ashe; Driver, Moffat, Clark, Davis; Barnes, Bruin.
OUT: Calen Carr (L knee)
QUESTIONABLE: Boniek Garcia (L Achilles tendonitis)
|Colorado Rapids (4-4-2): Irwin; Klute, Moor, O’Neill, Mullan; Smith, Powers, Thomas, Harris; Buddle, Mwanga.
OUT: Diego Calderon (R knee surgery), Jaime Castrillon (R knee surgery), Matt Pickens (L arm fracture), Kevin Harbottle, Deshorn Brown (thigh)
QUESTIONABLE: Edson Buddle (Lower back pain), Nick LaBrocca (L groin tightness), Pablo Mastroeni (L quad strain), Brian Mullan (R foot pain), Martin Rivero (R foot fracture)
- The Dynamo hope to set a league record with 30 consecutive MLS regular season home games without defeat and add to their record of 35 consecutive home wins in all competitions.
- Colorado is coming off a disappointing 1-0 loss to Seattle at home, which added defender Marvell Wynne to the injury list.
- Due to record number of Rapids injuries, homegrown defender Shane O’Neill declined a U.S. U-20 call-up in order to help his club.
- Houston has not defeated the Colorado Rapids since April 2009.
- Dyanamo’s head coach Dominic Kinnear played for the Rapids in 1996, the inaugural year of MLS. Brian Mullan played five seasons with the Dynamo before being traded to Colorado at the end of 2010, helping the Rapids earn the MLS Cup that season.
- Sports & Recreation
- Colorado Rapids
- Houston Dynamo
- Brian Mullan
- Edson Buddle