|Chivas USA (4-4-2): Pickens; Kimura, Marshall, Moor, Zapata; Hill, Larentowicz, Castrillon, Rivero; Casey, Cascio.
OUT: DF Anthony Wallace (L Achilles tear); MF Pablo Mastroeni (headaches); MF Ross LaBauex (sports hernia); DF Marvell Wynne (R hamstring strain); FW Omar Cummings (L ankle sprain)
PROBABLE: FW Conor Casey (L Achilles tear); MF Jamie Smith (R ACL tear)
|Sporting Kansas City (4-3-3): Nielsen; Myers, Collin, Besler, Sinovic; Cesar, Nagamura, Zusi; Kamara, Sapong, Convey.
OUT: GK Eric Kronberg (lower back strain)
QUESTIONABLE: FW Jacob Peterson (L quad strain)
PROBABLE: GK Jon Kempin (L quad contusion)
- Sporting KC won its first seven games of the season but has lost the last three straight. It sits second in the East with 21 points.
- Colorado is fifth in the West with 15 points from 11 games.
- Eight different players have scored the Rapids' 15 goals this season. Nine of the goals have come from players new to the club this season.
- SKC coach Peter Vermes spent three seasons in Colorado as a player, making the playoffs twice and appearing in 89 games.
- These teams met in the playoffs last season, with Sporting cruising to a 4-0 aggregate win and advancing to the Eastern Conference final.
- Conor Casey
- Sporting Kansas City