|New England Revolution (4-5-1): Shuttleworth; Farrell, McCarthy, Goncalves, Tierney; Fagundez, Rowe, Caldwell, Nguyen, Sene, Barrett.
OUT: Juan Agudelo (R knee sprain)
QUESTIONABLE: Chris Tierney (L knee irritation), Saer Sene (R hip contusion)
|Colorado Rapids (4-2-3-1): Irwin; O'Neill, Mera, Moor, Klute; Thomas, Sturgis; Brown, , Moffat, Clark, Driver; Cummings, Barnes.
OUT: Diego Calderon (R knee surgery)
QUESTIONABLE: Martin Rivero (L quadriceps strain)
- New England defender Kevin Alston was activated from the club's disabled list after undergoing treatment for leukemia and has made the trip with the Revolution.
- Neither team had a player selected for the MLS All-Star Game matchday roster.
- The Rapids are coming off a bye week in which the club faced Mexican club Santos Laguna in a friendly. Goalkeeper Matt Pickens played 90 minutes for his first action since breaking his arm early in the season.
- The Revs are 3-12-4 in matches in Colorado and have yet to win at Dick's Sporting Goods Park, posting a record of 0-2-3 at the soccer-specific venue. The last win in Colorado came more than 10 years ago, a 2-1 victory on June 12, 2002.
- Both teams' leading scorers have five goals. Colorado is paced by rookie Deshorn Brown and Atiba Harris. New England is led by 18-year-old Homegrown Player Diego Fagundez.
- This is the only regular-season meeting between the two teams this year.
- Sports & Recreation
- Colorado Rapids
- Chris Tierney
- Juan Agudelo
- Diego Calderon