|Chicago Fire (4-4-2): Tornaghi; Anibaba, Berry, Soumare, Francis; Nyarko, Larentowicz, Alex, Duka; Rolfe, Magee.
OUT: Logan Pause (SI dysfunction), Steven Kinney (R quad strain)
|D.C. United (4-4-2): Willis; Riley, White, Woolard, Kemp; Nyassi, Thorrington, Kitchen, Porter; Pontius, Ruiz.
OUT: Dwayne De Rosario (R hip flexor strain), Nick DeLeon (R ankle sprain), Dejan Jakovic (L adductor strain), Lewis Neal (pubic stress reaction), Marcelo Saragosa (L knee pain)
- When these teams met earlier in the year, Mike Magee's first Fire goal helped Chicago to a 2-0 win on June 2.
- Since joining his hometown club, Magee has scored five goals and added two assists in seven league games. Along with his six goals for the LA Galaxy, he is tied for second in the MLS scoring charts with 11 overall in 2013.
- The June 2 meeting was the first time the Fire had beaten D.C. in Chicago since 2006. Between, United won three and drew four.
- D.C. United, with the worst record in the league on 10 points, hasn't scored for three consecutive games. In the last eight, the capital club has scored two, both from penalties. Its last open play goal came on May 19.
- After back-to-back losses, the Fire are eighth in the East on 21 points.
- Sports & Recreation
- Mike Magee
- Dwayne De Rosario
- Steven Kinney