|LA Galaxy (4-4-2): Saunders; Franklin, Meyer, Gonzalez, Dunivant; Wilhelmsson, Beckham, Sarvas, Magee; Keane, Donovan.
OUT: DF Leonardo (R knee inflammation); MF Kyle Nakazawa (back spasms)
QUESTIONABLE: DF A.J. DeLaGarza (L knee sprain)
PROBABLE: FW Calen Carr (L hamstring strain); MF Ricardo Clark (L adductor strain)
- This game is a rematch of last year's MLS Cup final. The Galaxy defeated the Dynamo 1-0 on a second-half goal from Landon Donovan.
- LA captain Landon Donovan has twice been named the MLS Cup final MVP, winning the award for his performances in 2003 and 2011. Veteran Houston striker Brian Ching picked up the accolade for his display in the 2006 final, when he scored in the 114th minute to force penalties and then stuck home the winning spot kick.
- The Home Depot Center will be hosting its fifth MLS Cup final, more than any other venue. The Galaxy will be playing in their league-highest eighth final.
- If the Galaxy wins, Bruce Arena, already the first and only coach to win three MLS championships, will be the first to four. If Houston wins, Dominic Kinnear will be the second to a treble of titles, and the first to win all three with the same club.
- This will be Donovan's sixth final appearance, a record shared with Jeff Agoos and Brian Mullan. A win for LA would tie him with that pair for most MLS Cup wins, with five. All three were part of the San Jose Earthquakes team that lifted the trophy in 2003.
- A Galaxy win would tie them with D.C. United for most MLS championships, with four. A loss would set a new record, with five unsuccessful final appearances.
- Sports & Recreation
- Landon Donovan
- Houston Dynamo