In a little more than 13 hours, the Minnesota Vikings. . .along with every other team in the National Football League. . .will have to have all of their various roster cuts and other moves completed in order to get their rosters down to 53 players.
As the Vikings haven't made any cuts yet. . .or, at the very least, have not made them public. . .that means that 22 guys who have busted their tails for Mike Zimmer and company since OTAs in May are going to be out of work. Some of them might find their way onto practice squads, whether it's with the Vikings or with any of the other NFL teams. Some may find their way to the Fall Experimental Football League (FXFL), which will start play in October. And others will either be looking at the end of a football career or holding on to hope that the phone might ring at some point during the season.
We will be updating this post with all of the Vikings' roster cuts as we get them throughout the day through various social media sources. So, feel free to treat this as a bit of an Open Thread for today (as we don't normally do them on the weekends). Please keep things GIF-free, though, as we don't want things to bog down for folks who might not be regular visitors that are getting their info from us.
More from sbnation.com:
- One Last Shot At The Vikings' 53-Man Roster
- Stock Market Report: Titans
- Minnesota Vikings News and Links, 8/29
- Minnesota Vikings vs. Tennessee Titans Final Score: Minnesota Caps Undefeated Preseason, 19-3
- Report: Vikings Name Matt Cassel Week 1 Starter
- Minnesota Vikings Roster Cuts 2014: Vikings Begin Shaping The Roster