Santos vice president Odilio Rodrigues says AC Milan must lower its asking-price if it is to complete a deal for Robinho this summer.
The 29-year-old, who spent three years with Peixe prior to joining Real Madrid in 2005, is said to be keen on a move away from San Siro in the coming months after having found himself on the fringes of Massimiliano Allegri's plans for much of last season, and his former club has long been desperate to have him back.
However, the Rossoneri are understood to be holding out for at least 9 million euros for the forward. Santos is believed to be reluctant to table an offer of mor than 6 million euros, and Rodrigues has appealed for a compromise.
"We have spoken to people who represent Robinho and Milan, and the quoted figures are very high," he told Globoesporte.com. "We spoke on the phone and we are still waiting to hear confirmation on those figures."
Robinho previously returned to Santos in 2010, spending six months on loan from Manchester City, during which time he helped the club to Copa do Brasil and Campeonato Paulista titles.
Currently without a coach since dismissing Muricy Ramalho at the end of May, earlier on Tuesday Santos announced that the deal to bring Marcelo Bielsa to Estadio Vila Belmiro had fallen through.