Alessandro Matri has taken full responsibility for his failure to settle at AC Milan and is now hoping to kick start his season at Fiorentina.
The Italy international only arrived at San Siro from Juventus in the summer for a reported 12 million euros but, after scoring only one Serie A goal for the Rossoneri, he has now been loaned to the Viola for the remainder of the 2013-14 campaign.
Despite all of the problems at Milan this season - on and off the field - Matri says he has nobody to blame but himself for his failure to settle at Milan.
"I needed to make a break and start again. At Milan I didn't start well and I didn't feel at ease. The fault for this first part of the season, however, is mine," the 29-year-old told reporters at his official unveiling in Florence on Thursday. "Indeed, I can only thank Milan because they made a great effort to sign me. But it was a strange six months. I came with a lot of desire to relaunch myself after Juventus but I had some problems of acclimatization on the field.
"But I repeat that it was only my own problem. Here, at Fiorentina, I will try to have more consistency. I actually want to thank Milan, who made it possible for me to come here. But I must also thank the Della Valle family, because they made such an effort to meet my needs for the next six months. I have taken an important decision because it's not easy to leave a team like Milan after only six months.
"From my part, there's a lot of motivation and desire to restart the engine and return to the levels of last year."
Follow GOAL.COM on