Marcel Reece is getting an MRI on his foot and could be out for a while. We break down the fantasy implications.
Oakland Raiders fullback Marcel Reece is dealing with a potentially serious foot injury. He's getting an MRI on the foot and the team considers him out indefinitely. Reece appeared to have suffered the injury in Friday's preseason win over the Detroit Lions and was spotted in a walking boot during practice on Monday.
As a fullback who can catch passes, Reece has been a big part of Oakland's offense for several years. His most productive season came in 2012, when he recorded 52 receptions for 496 yards and one touchdown and added 271 rushing yards.
Fantasy impact: Reece never came close to matching those numbers last season, and even at his peak he's never been particularly useful outside of PPR leagues. The Raiders will miss him, but he's one of those players who's more valuable in real life than fantasy. Maurice Jones-Drew and Darren McFadden could see even more carries with Reece out.
More from sbnation.com:
- Top 32 fantasy football quarterbacks
- Running backs rankings in standard leagues
- The best running backs for PPR leagues
- Wide receiver rankings for standard leagues
- Wide receivers you need to draft in PPR leagues
- To Gronk, or not to Gronk; That is the TE question
- How to ruin a fantasy mock draft