Williams made a strong push to make the team in recent weeks, but it appears that he has been beaten out by undrafted free agent Cornelius Lucas. Lucas was the favorite all along, and it's really just impressive that Williams drew serious consideration for the No. 4 spot at offensive tackle considering he was a tight end just three months ago. He's still relatively new to the offensive tackle position, and it's a safe bet that the Lions will keep him around as a member of their practice squad.
The Lions are down to 65 players. Nearly half way there.
More from sbnation.com:
- Lions roster cuts tracker: Getting down to 53 players
- Lions roster cuts: Live updates on Detroit's latest moves
- Lions 53-man roster prediction
- Has Kellen Moore done enough to win a roster spot?
- Winners & losers from Lions' preseason finale
- Lions restructure Glover Quin's contract, according to report
- Sports & Recreation
- Detroit Lions