Egnew was with the Lions for less than a week. He was claimed off waivers from the Miami Dolphins on Monday, and now he's been released by another team. It's unclear why the Lions even bothered claiming him in the first place, but perhaps they see him as a candidate for the practice squad.
Greenwood, a fifth-round pick in 2012, was once again unable to survive the final round of cuts. That was the case in 2012 and 2013, when he ended up on the practice squad after being released. He actually spent some time on the Dallas Cowboys' active roster last season before eventually returning to Detroit, and he played in three games for the Lions toward the end of last season. This year, he's likely going to again end up on the practice squad in Detroit unless another team claims him off waivers.
The Lions are now past the halfway point in their cuts, and have 62 players remaining.
More from sbnation.com:
- Lions roster cuts tracker: Getting down to 53 players
- Lions roster cuts: Live updates on Detroit's latest moves
- Lions 53-man roster prediction
- Has Kellen Moore done enough to win a roster spot?
- Winners & losers from Lions' preseason finale
- Lions restructure Glover Quin's contract, according to report
- Sports & Recreation
- Detroit Lions
- Chris Greenwood
- Michael Egnew