Today's lessons include a tough loss, a Triple-A affiliate change, and some notes on pitching.
The Brewers and Padres played in a pitcher's duel for six innings before the Brewers final broke through with two runs in the seventh. However, the Padres responded with a run in the seventh, then tied the game in the ninth before winning it in the tenth.
Stories from BCB
- A report came out that the Brewers are planning to move their Triple-A affiliation. Noah has more details on the planned change.
- Is Jimmy Nelson on an innings limit? Noah looks at recent Brewers prospects that came up and if they were on any limits.
- We went through the BCB rules yesterday, in case you missed it.
- Matt Garza is scheduled to throw a simulated game in San Francisco tomorrow and rejoin the rotation during the homestand next week.
- Over on OnMilwaukee.com, Jim Owczarski has five questions for Brewers starter Wily Peralta.
- Following Tuesday's game, Curt Hogg of Disciples of Uecker looked at Tyson Ross' performance and the Brewers plate discipline facing him.
- Steven Jewell of Reviewing the Brew has a profile on Will Smith.
- With the playoffs coming up, Anthony Castrovince looks at the different contenders and ranks the different aspects of those teams.
- The Brewers haven't had any one aspect of their team define their team this year. Jonathan Judge of Disciples of Uecker looks at how the Brewers have resisted any narratives this year.
- Over on Cream City Cables, Nathan Petrashek looks at Scooter Gennett as a liability to the Brewers.
- Ron Roenicke was ejected last night after arguing balls and strikes with the umpire. After the game, Roenicke had some harsh criticisms of the umpires.
Minor League Update
|Nashville Sounds||AAA||74-64||Sacramento 8, Nashville 5||Nashville @ Round Rock
|Huntsville Stars||AA||75-60||OFF||Mississippi @ Huntsville|
|Brevard County Manatees||A+||71-60||Brevard County 3, Lakeland 2||Lakeland @ Brevard County|
|Wisconsin Timber Rattlers||A||70-64||Burlington 1, Wisconsin 0||Burlington @ Wisconsin|
|Helena Brewers||R||22-44||Missoula 11, Helena 4||Helena @ Great Falls (DH)|
|AZL Brewers||R||24-30||AZL Dodgers 19, AZL Brewers 7
AZL Brewers 4, AZL Dodgers 3
|AZL Brewers @ AZL Dodgers|
- Nashville Sounds - Have fallen three games behind Memphis for a playoff spot. Elimination number is four.
- Huntsville Stars - Clinched first-half playoff spot.
- Brevard County Manatees - Four games out of a playoff spot, elimination number is one.
- Wisconsin Timber Rattlers - Two games ahead for a playoff spot, five games remain.
- Helena Brewers - Eight and a half games out of a playoff spot, elimination number is two.
- AZL Brewers - Final game of regular season today. If the AZL Brewers win, they are in the playoffs. If they lose, they are eliminated from contention.
News & Notes
- The AZL Fall League rosters were announced, and eight members of the Brewers organization were selected to participate. Derek has more details on each of the eight participants.
- Brad Krause of Miller Park Prospects has a photo gallery from Tuesday's Timber Rattlers game.
- Jimmy Nelson was named PCL pitcher of the year, the second time in two years a Brewers pitcher received the honor.
- Ben Tannenbaum of The Brewers Bar looks at three call-ups that could help the Brewers.
- Tim Dillard got a callup to Nashville late this year. Enrique Bakemeyer looks at the callup and how the Brewers can't seem to get rid of him.
Today's Division Games
- Cubs (Jake Arrieta) @ Reds (Dylan Axelrod) - 11:35 am
- Cardinals & Pirates have the day off.
The Brewers have the day off before starting a stretch of 17 games in a row. The stretch starts with a three-game series in San Francisco tomorrow.
More from sbnation.com:
- The circus was in San Diego this night; Padres walk-off in the 10th, win 3-2
- Brewers likely to move Triple-A affiliation to Fresno, per report
- Brewers claimed Justin Morneau on waivers, could not agree to trade with Rockies
- Jimmy Nelson and Brewers innings limits
- Tyrone Taylor, Wei-Chung Wang among Brewers Arizona Fall League participants
- Sports & Recreation
- Helena Brewers