The biggest story leading up to United States national team's run at the World Cup was Jurgen Klinsmann's decision to leave Landon Donovan off the roster.
At the time, Donovan said he was "very disappointed" by the decision. However, since then, Donovan has made the most of the snub with several commercials poking fun at his own misfortune.
The latest is a commercial with James Harden for Foot Locker, during which Donovan is seemingly unaware that he was cut from the national team, saying "I'm the captain! Like they would ever cut me."
More From Business Insider
- Robin Williams Had The Perfect Response When Troops In Kuwait Interrupted His Comedy Show In 2007
- Actor Robin Williams Found Dead In His Home In Suspected Suicide
- Awesome Photos Of Wrestler Dave Bautista's 5-Hour 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' Makeup Process
- Rich Kinder Just Made $1.5 Billion In A Morning By Outsmarting All Of Wall Street
- US Soccer Legend Landon Donovan To Retire At The End Of This Season
- Sports & Recreation
- Landon Donovan
- Jurgen Klinsmann
- Foot Locker