Ancelotti could be changing his goalkeeper for the next Liga BBVA game.
While Iker Casillas was not directly to blame for Real Sociedad's four goals against Real Madrid, Carlo Ancelotti might be ready to give Keylor Navas a chance to start, according to a couple of reports by Alfredo Duro and Petón in Tuesday's Chiringuito de Jugones. That might not be much to start with, but it's true that Keylor Navas does deserve a chance to see if he's capable of commanding his defensive line on set pieces better than Iker Casillas.
Still, it would be surprising to see Ancelotti dropping Casillas after just a couple of games. What will finally happen remains to be seen, but the truth is that some Spanish reporters are starting to spread rumors about Keylor Navas getting Casillas' spot. That would put a lot of pressure on Navas' shoulders, but it would be a good opportunity to see what the Costa Rican can bring to the table.
More from sbnation.com:
- Real Madrid still have a lot of work to do
- Real Madrid's Transfer Market: Review and Grades
- Sami Khedira injured on Germany duty
- Five takeaways from Real Madrid's Embarrassing Defeat in Sociedad
- A tribute to Ángel Di María and Xabi Alonso
- Real Madrid confirm Chicharito Hernández loan deal