According to a report from TMZ, WWE Hall of Famer Jake "The Snake" Roberts is currently hospitalized in Las Vegas, Nevada, after passing out on a plane ride. The report states that Roberts was diagnosed with the flu a couple weeks ago and given orders to rest. He was in pain ever since, but let it ride.
Then he passed out on the plane and was rushed to the hospital after landing.
He was apparently diagnosed with double pneumonia and is in rough shape. From TMZ:
We're told Roberts is in ICU, and his immune system is in bad shape. Doctors are letting him rest for a few days while they take more tests.
Diamond Dallas Page provided an update via Twitter:
Just spoke to @JakeSnakeDDT 's girlfriend, Jake is now conscious but still fading in and out. Please keep the prayers coming.— Diamond Dallas Page (@RealDDP) August 28, 2014
All the best to Roberts in his recovery.
More from sbnation.com:
- Rumor Roundup (Aug. 28, 2014): John Cena injury, Raw, Daniel Bryan return, Ryback, more!
- Rumor Roundup (Aug. 27, 2014): Batista return, WrestleMania 31 on WWE Network, New Nation, more!
- John Cena on heel turn: I do what WWE tells me
- A very interesting update on Ronda Rousey in WWE
- Look who is advertised for SmackDown in October
- The latest on Ryback's injuries