The Jacksonville Jaguars are hosting the Atlanta Falcons on Thursday night at EverBank Field in the preseason finale for both teams. Week 4 of the preseason is little more than a tune up for the starters, but for the reserves it may be the last time they ever suit up for the Jaguars.
Head coach Gus Bradley has already said quarterback Chad Henne will be the starter in the regular season opener against the Philadelphia Eagles. That means that even if rookie Blake Bortles has another superb game, it doesn't appear likely he'll start next week.
However, there's no indications that Bortles won't have a great game. Against backups in the first two preseason games, Bortles played like a veteran, and last week against the Detroit Lions starters he played the part of a franchise quarterback.
Some helpful links:
8:00 AM: Familiarize yourself with this 75-man roster, especially the names at the end of each position list. Those are the guys who will be getting the most playing time, and who might not be back next week after final cuts.
More from sbnation.com:
- Preseason 'could be' the last you'll see of Blake Bortles in 2014
- Jaguars found a gem in undrafted rookie Allen Hurns
- Jacksonville Jaguars 75-man roster after cuts
- NFL Roster Cuts 2014: Jaguars to start cutdown to 75 players
- Blaine Gabbert trade netted Jaguars starting center?
- Jaguars vs. Falcons: Everything you need to know