What's buzzing:

Jaguars RB Jones-Drew won't seek long-term deal

The SportsXchange

Jacksonville Jaguars running back Maurice Jones-Drew told SiriusXM NFL Radio on Friday that he will not request a long-term contract and that he will not hold out this summer.

After leading the NFL in rushing in 2011, Jones-Drew held out for 38 days in seeking a new contract, skipping the team's training camp and preseason. Jacksonville did not blink, refusing to renegotiate because Jones-Drew still had two years left on a five-year, $31.5 million contract.

"I went to them last year," he said. "It didn't work out. I'm not going to reach out to them because, you know, I just feel like I tried that last year (and) it didn't work."

Jones-Drew ran for just 414 yards with one touchdown before a foot injury in October sidelined him for the rest of the year.

"If the Jaguars want to do a new deal, I'm more than open to talk," Jones-Drew said. "I'm not going to say I don't want to go there. I've grown up there, this is where I started. I want to win a championship there."

The 27-year-old running back made $4.45 million in 2012 and is due $4.95 million in 2013, the final year of his contract.

"I'm in the last year of my deal," Jones-Drew said. "Once again, people hate this word, but it's part of the business. You know, it comes and it goes.

Jones-Drew had surgery on his left foot Dec. 28 and will be out until at least May.
Sign up for Yahoo Fantasy Football
View Comments (2)