The Jacksonville Jaguars 2012 football schedule includes eight home games in EverBank Field, where the tailgating parties are many and the rules are few. New team owner, Shad Khan, is dedicated to improving the fan experience along with the football team's performance. With special ticket prices, reasonable stadium parking fees ($25), and new fan friendlier stadium rules - like bring your own food into the stadium - tailgating promises to be more fun than ever during the 2012 season.
For Jaguars fans or opposing team visitors planning to attend a Jacksonville Jaguars home game, here's what to know about tailgating at EverBank Field:
Location: EverBank Field (formerly the Gator Bowl)
Address: 1 EverBank Field Drive, Jacksonville, FL 32202
Hours: Parking lots open four hours before kickoff.
Parking Passes: Required passes for designated parking areas must be displayed in vehicle windows. Tow trucks will remove vehicles without passes.
What's allowed and not allowed?
- Tailgating is allowed in parking lots around the stadium.
- A special, independent "Tailgater's Lot" is highly recommended, especially for new tailgaters.
- A comfortable Jaguar Cabanas area is available with special, all-inclusive prices.
- Tailgating, fires, and loitering are NOT allowed in any parking garages.
- Grilling is allowed on barbecue grills only. Open fire pits are NOT allowed.
- Extinguish fires and clean up the trash before leaving the parking lot.
- Remember that food leftovers CAN be taken into the stadium (new for 2012).
- Be respectful to other tailgaters.
Other Pre-Game Events
Fan Entertainment Zone: Opens 3 hours before kickoff in the south side of the stadium. The party includes food, drink, games, and interactive fun for all ages.
Bud Light Party Zone: Opens 2 hours before kickoff in the south end zone.
- The Tailgating Zone discussion thread in the official Jaguars forum, The Jungle, has tips and tailgating groups to meet up with on game day.
- For no-fuss, no-muss tailgating, a park and ride location now provides food trucks with gameday grub. Just park in the convention center lot, take the shuttle to the game and enjoy the Fan Zone party.
Marla Mayes became a Jacksonville Jaguars football fan during the team's inaugural year in 1995 (mostly because of the pretty teal uniform).
More sports articles from this contributor: