Welcome to Week 13 of the National Football League fantasy division. We don’t have many but with all of these injuries you never know when something wacky will pop up, so stay tuned to the Rotoworld News Page and also check out our live blog which I’ll be live blogging starting an hour before kickoff.
We also have Week 13 Rankings from Mr. Pat Daugherty, Nick Mensio’s sleeper picks, my AFC and NFC Targets and Touches and Evan Silva's detailed look at every game in his Matchup Column. So click on all of those and commit them to memory.
Titans at Colts
* Kendall Wright (ankle) practiced in full and is listed as probable.
* T.Y. Hilton (shoulder) is listed as probable after getting full practices in Thursday and Friday.
Jaguars at Browns
* Cecil Shorts (groin) is listed as probable and will play as usual.
* Mike Brown (shoulder) is listed as questionable. He practiced all week on a limited basis after missing last week's game against the Texans. He'll likely be a game-time decision, but we'd tentatively expect him to play Sunday.
Editor's Note: Rotoworld's partner FanDuel is hosting a one-week $40,000 Fantasy Football league for Week 13. It's $25 to join and first prize is $6,000. Starts Sunday at 1pm ET. Here's the FanDuel link.
Buccaneers at Panthers
* Darrelle Revis (groin) returned to a limited practice Friday and remains a game-time decision and is listed as questionable.
* Mike Tolbert (knee) and Jonathan Stewart (ankle) will play against the Bucs even though they are both listed as questionable, but Coach Ron Rivera said they have a "lot of concern" with injured DeAngelo Williams (quad) who is also listed as questionable. If Williams can’t go Stewart looks like the healthiest and best play.
* Steve Smith (knee) returned to practice Friday and is listed as probable.
Bears at Vikings
* Matt Forte (knee) is listed as probable after practicing again on Friday and will start Sunday against Minnesota.
* Brandon Marshall was limited in practice with a quad issue, but is listed as probable and will start.
* Jay Cutler (ankle) is out and Josh McCown will get the start.
* Adrian Peterson (groin) returned to Vikings practice Friday, and coach Leslie Frazier confirmed Peterson is no worse for wear and will play.
Patriots at Texans
* Aaron Dobson (foot) has been ruled out against the Texans. Look for Kenbrell Thompkins in the full-time X receiver role, where he's worth a look as a WR3 in all fantasy leagues this week.
* The Patriots list Rob Gronkowski (back) as questionable, but it doesn’t look like he’s had any kind of setback and got his usual limited practices in this week. He’s our #1 ranked tight end this week.
* Ben Tate (ribs) was limited in practice as usual, but is probable and will play as usual. He will continue to be the starter, but could lose some work to Dennis Johnson if he struggles.
Cardinals at Eagles
* Andre Ellington (knee) will be a game-time decision at Philadelphia after he "tweaked" his knee in Thursday's practice. He hasn’t been getting enough work to be a safe option as it is, so this is concerning. Upgrade Rashard Mendenhall if Ellington is out.
* Michael Floyd (shoulder) is listed as probable. This is the same injury he’s played through in two big games the last two weeks, so no worries here.
Dolphins at Jets
* Daniel Thomas (ankle) is out indefinitely and Lamar Miller will get the bulk of the work.
* Rishard Matthews (back) was limited in practice, but is listed as probable and should go.
* Chris Ivory (ankle) is listed as probable, but didn’t get a full week of practice in. With his injury history it’s worth being cautious with him.
* Santonio Holmes (hamstring) missed Jets practice Friday and will be a game-time decision after being listed as questionable. He’s not a good start with Geno Smith’s recent troubles even if he does play.
* Jeremy Kerley (elbow) is listed as questionable after being limited in practice.
* Antonio Cromartie (hip) is "very optimistic" about playing even though he is listed as questionable.
Falcons at Bills
* Tony Gonzalez (toe) is listed as questionable, but will play after not having any setbacks and getting limited practices in this week.
* Stevie Johnson (groin) and Robert Woods (ankle) practiced in full this week and are close to 100%. Johnson will return as the #1 receiver, but Woods could see a slightly limited role after Marquise Goodwin shined in his absence.
Rams at 49ers
* Zac Stacy (concussion) has been medically cleared and is listed as probable. He has a tough matchup, but his usage makes him a must start in most leagues.
* Frank Gore (ankle) has been limited in practice this week, but is listed as probable against a team in which he rushed for 153 yards and a touchdown against earlier in the season.
* Michael Crabtree is not on the injury report and will play, but will be on a snap count until he gets in game shape.
Bengals at Chargers
* Ryan Matthews (hamstring) practiced again on Friday and is listed as probable. He makes a shaky start with his tough matchup and risk of tweaking his hamstring.
* Antonio Gates (hamstring) returned to practice on Friday and according to beat writer Michael Gehlken he is "fully expected to start.”
Broncos at Chiefs
* Knowshon Moreno (ankle) practiced in full on Friday and is listed as probable against the Chiefs. He won’t see 37 carries again, but expect a regular workload.
* Julius Thomas (knee) participated in Broncos practice again Friday. Beat writer Mike Klis said Thomas was "moving better" in comparison to his Wednesday and Thursday workouts. He is listed as questionable, but looks like he will play.
SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
Giants at Redskins
* Hakeem Nicks (groin) is listed as probable and will play.
* Jordan Reed (concussion) has gotten in three limited practices and is listed as questionable. It looks like he is on track to play, but keep your eyes on any developments.
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
Saints at Seahawks
* Darren Sproles (ankle) is practicing in full this week and will play on Monday night.
Weather Forecast from NOAA
Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Carolina Panthers: Partly sunny, with a high near 51. North wind 5 to 7 mph becoming calm in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Sports & Recreation
- American Football
- Daniel Thomas
- Mike Tolbert