Every Monday and Thursday at 7:30pm EST, join Andrew Berkshire and Conor McKenna as they break down the most interesting stories in hockey, while maybe talking about food a bit. Okay, we talk about food a lot.
Tonight on Ice Level, we're talking about the newly signed Jiri Sekac, who seems to be getting some mega hype around the NHL, and has drawn comparisons to Max Pacioretty from Tomas Plekanec. Should we be really excited about this guy, or is it time to temper the expectations?
We've talked about it a little bit over the last few weeks, but the analytics revolution in the NHL is still going at full swing, and we've brought in Thomas Drance to talk about his friends being hired by teams like the Maple Leafs and Oilers, and if we have time we'll ask him what he thinks about Tim Leiweke leaving the Leafs after this season.
Finally, it was announced this week that Joe Thornton was stripped of the captaincy in San Jose, and the Sharks have apparently told Darren Dreger that Thornton will have to earn his ice time, whatever that means. The 35 year old is still one of the best players in the entire league, and the Sharks seem to have gone a little crazy.
You can join in on the conversation by using the hashtag #IceLevel on twitter.
To tune into the show, click play on the embedded player, or you can find it online at Montreal Hockey Talk, listen online at Websports Media, search Montreal Hockey Talk on the TuneIn Radio app on your phone, or if you miss it live, you can listen to the podcast through iTunes.
More from sbnation.com:
- Alex Kovalev doesn't think Subban is worth the money
- Wednesday Habs links: Tuukka Rask wishes Subban was on his team
- Canadiens 2014 Top 25 Under 25: #14 Martin Reway
- Exclusive video os Subban reacting to Kovalev's comments
- Canadiens 2014 Top 25 Under 25: #15 Tim Bozon
- Tuesday Habs Links: Jiri Sekac learning alongside Tomas Plekanec
- Ice Level on the dawn of the analytics age and spicy hot takes