|Real Madrid (4-2-3-1): Casillas; Arbeloa, Varane, Ramos, Marcelo; Alonso, Khedira; Di Maria, Ozil, Ronaldo; Benzema.
Goalkeepers: Antonio Adan, Iker Casillas, Diego Lopez
Defenders: Alvaro Arbeloa, Dani Carvajal, Raphael Varane, Marcelo, Fabio Coentrao, Sergio Ramos, Pepe, Nacho
Midfielders: Angel Di Maria, Casemiro, Isco, Xabi Alonso, Sami Khedira, Kaka, Luka Modric, Mesut Ozil, Asier Illarramendi
Forwards: Karim Benzema, Cristiano Ronaldo, Jese Rodriguez
|LA Galaxy (4-4-2): Perk; Franklin, Meyer, Leonardo, Cochrane; Jimenez, Stephens, Mastroeni, Rogers; Zardes, Rugg.
Goalkeepers: Carlo Cudicini, Brian Rowe, Brian Perk
Defenders: Todd Dunivant, Omar Gonzalez, Sean Franklin, Bryan Gaul, A.J. DeLaGarza, Tommy Meyer, Leonardo, Kofi Opare, Greg Cochrane
Midfielders: Pablo Mastroeni, Marcelo Sarvas, Landon Donovan, Colin Clark, Robbie Rogers, Hector Jimenez, Juninho, Rafael Garcia, Michael Stephens, Kenney Walker, Oscar Sorto
Forwards: Robbie Keane, Charlie Rugg, Gyasi Zardes, Chandler Hoffman, Jack McBean, Jose Villarreal
- Los Angeles star Landon Donovan is coming off a run in which he scored five goals and had eight assists in the Gold Cup and was named to his 13th consecutive MLS All-Star team.
- The Galaxy and Real Madrid are familiar with one another after playing in summer friendlies in each of the last two years. The Spanish giant trounced the MLS side 5-1 last summer, with current Napoli striker Gonzalo Higuain and Angel Di Maria scoring early on. David Junior Lopes scored the Galaxy's lone goal.
- Madrid also took the 2011 affair at the LA Coliseum by a 4-1 scoreline, with Karim Benzema and Cristiano Ronaldo among the goalscorers. Adam Cristman scored for the Galaxy.
- Spain youth internationals Isco, Asier Illaramendi and Jese Rodriguez are all part of Carlo Ancelotti's Real Madrid squad.
- The Galaxy's Oscar Sorto and Jose Villarreal will be extra familiar with Jese, as they were part of the U.S. U-20 side that faced off against the two-goal scorer and Spain in the FIFA U-20 World Cup this summer.
- The Galaxy could be without some of their biggest stars for the match. Donovan and Omar Gonzalez are slated to play in the MLS All-Star Game Wednesday night, and Robbie Keane has been nursing a hip injury that prevented him from taking part in the All-Star team's match against AS Roma.
- The match will be played at the University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Ariz. The winner and loser will take on the corresponding winner and loser of Wednesday's Juventus-Everton clash at Dodger Stadium on Saturday.
- Ronaldo is slated to throw out the ceremonial first pitch at Dodger Stadium on Wednesday prior to the Dodgers' game against the New York Yankees.
- Sports & Recreation
- Real Madrid
- Cristiano Ronaldo
- Di Maria
- Karim Benzema
- Sergio Ramos
- Iker Casillas
- Alvaro Arbeloa
- LA Galaxy
- Sami Khedira
- Raphael Varane