|Chelsea (4-2-3-1): Cech; Cole, Ivanovic, Luiz, Azpilicueta; Lampard, Mikel; Mata, Oscar, Hazard; Torres.
Goalkeepers: Petr Cech, Mark Schwarzer, Jamal Blackman
Defenders: Branislav Ivanovic, Ashley Cole, David Luiz, Gary Cahill, John Terry, Cesar Azpilicueta, Thomas Kalas, Ryan Bertrand
Midfielders: Michael Essien, Ramires, Frank Lampard, Juan Mata, Oscar, John Obi Mikel, Kevin De Bruyne, Mako van Ginkel, Eden Hazard
Forwards: Fernando Torres, Victor Moses, Andre Schurrle, Romelu Lukaku, Demba Ba
|Inter (4-4-2): Handanovic; Juan, Ranocchia, Samuel, Nagatomo; Obi, Cambiasso, Guarin, Alvarez; Palacio, Milito
Goalkeepers: Samir Handanovic, Juan Pablo Carrizo, Luca Castellazzi
Defenders: Hugo Campagnaro, Marco Andreolli, Walter Samuel, Andrea Ranocchia, Christian Chivu, Juan
Midfielders: Ibrahima Mbaye, Jonathan, Yuto Nagatomo, Alvaro Pereira, Esteban Cambiasso, Fredy Guarin, Ricardo Alvarez, Zdravko Kuzmanovic, Patrick Olsen, Gabi Mudingayi, Diego Laxalt, Joel Obi
Forwards: Alessandro Capello, Ishak Belfodil, Rodrigo Palacio, Mauro Icardi, Diego Milito
- The winner of this match will play AC Milan in New York on Aug. 4, while the loser will play Valencia in New York on the same day.
- Both clubs have new managers this season. Walter Mazzarri was named the new manager of Inter in May, coming from Napoli. Chelsea welcomed back Jose Mourinho from Real Madrid this summer.
- Mourinho managed Inter from 2008 to 2010 and led the Nerazzurri to the treble in 2009-10, winning Serie A, the Coppa Italia and the UEFA Champions League.
- This will be the first soccer match ever held at Lucas Oil Stadium, home of the National Football League’s Indianapolis Colts. A temporary grass surface has been installed over the normal FieldTurf surface.
- Chelsea defender Tomas Kalas had to pull out of the tour after suffering a fractured left fibula in training on Monday. He is expected to be sidelined for about a month.
- These two teams played before one of the largest crowds to see a match in the United States, when 81,224 watched a 2-0 Chelsea victory at the Rose Bowl on July 21, 2009.
- Sports & Recreation
- John Obi Mikel
- Branislav Ivanovic
- Cesar Azpilicueta
- Juan Mata
- Ashley Cole
- Fernando Torres
- David Luiz
- Petr Cech
- Frank Lampard
- Michael Essien
- Juan Pablo Carrizo
- Samir Handanovic
- Mark Schwarzer
- John Terry
- Gary Cahill
- Kevin De Bruyne
- Andre Schurrle