The Texans have cut nine players in an effort to trim the roster down to 75 by tomorrow's deadline. See who the Texans released on Battle Red Blog.
The team's tenth roster move of the day was sending David Quessenberry to the non-football injury list. Quessenberry, as you'll recall, was diagnosed with lymphoma back in June and is now aggressively treating the disease. Seth Payne notes that the way the Texans chose to classify Quessenberry's move deserves praise:
Class move sending Quessenberry, who has lymphoma, to IR instead of PUP. Counts towards free agency, retirement benefits, etc.— Seth Payne (@PayneNFL) August 25, 2014
More from sbnation.com:
- Houston Texans-Denver Broncos Final Score: Texans 18, Broncos 17
- Who Will Survive The First Round Of Cuts For The 2014 Houston Texans?
- Help Wanted: Advanced Stats Working Group
- Houston Texans Snap Count Report: Texans v.. Broncos
- Is Andre Johnson The 9th-Best Wide Receiver This Season?
- 2014 NFL Preseason Open Game Thread: Chargers v. 49ers