- Jeremy Hermida – His 25/25 talents are always touted this time of year, then the season starts and he doesn't run, but does get hurt. And I'm not even going to get into how anemic that Marlins offense is likely to be …
- Brad Hawpe – Hit 41 points higher w/ RISP (.315) in '07 than his career clip (.274).
- James Loney – Talented, to be sure, but his power is more Casey Kotchman than Adrian Gonzalez
- Aaron Rowand – 27 HRs in '07 nice, but he'll be lucky to hit 20 in '08 after move to AT&T
- Fausto Carmona – Great sinker, but out-of-nowhere '07 (19 W, 3.06 ERA) tough to pay for given low K numbers and 10th-lowest BABIP among starters last season.
- Andruw Jones – The last time Jones' batting average touched .270, at any point in any season, was August 20, 2006. If he can't hit 35-40 HR, he's a liability.
- Eric Byrnes – I don't dislike the player, really, just the ADP (50.4). He's going well ahead of Chris Young, Corey Hart and Hunter Pence, three players I prefer.
- Russell Martin – Again, this is a terrific player with a scary ADP (30.2). That's outrageously early for a catcher who doesn't project to be great in any fantasy category. You can get Jarrod Saltalamacchia 110 picks later, or Geovany Soto 135 picks later.
- Michael Young – Notice a theme? It's not that I dislike Young. It's just that he's not significantly better that shortstops going 50 picks later.
- Kosuke Fukudome – He's the anti-Soriano, basically. Fukudome should be extremely valuable in real-life, but not so much in fantasy terms.
- Victor Martinez/Russell Martin – They're elite producers at their position, but ADP near 30 not worth bypassing Rios, A. Ramirez, Granderson or Mags for.
- Aaron Rowand – With old codgers surrounding him and move to pitcher's park, numbers headed for freefall
- Takashi Saito – .213 BABIP a season ago, 38 year-old body and Jonathan Broxton over his shoulder points to acute decline
- Starters before pick 100 – Post century mark picks Hill, Lincecum, Liriano, Vazquez, Shields, Myers, Cain, and Billingsley, all capable of fantasy dominance
- Closers before pick 120 – Turnover at closer more common than Bob Wickman at a Long John Silver’s, Ryan, Wilson, Soria, Borowski, Pena, Jones, Gagne mid-to-late round 30-save producers