Schwartz has dislocated toe, and other Giants injury news.
When New York Giants starting left guard Geoff Schwartz was carted off the field midway through the second quarter of Friday's preseason game vs. the New York Jets that looked like a terrible blow to a struggling offensive line. Early reports on Schwartz, however, are not as bad as first feared. Schwartz was officially diagnosed with a dislocated toe.
We will, of course, get more information from the Giants after the game. It sounds, however, like things could have been much worse for Schwartz.
The Giants also lost impressive young wide receiver Marcus Harris to a first-half shoulder injury. Harris is competing for a spot as a reserve wide receiver, and has been showing versatility on special teams.
Cornerback Zack Bowman also left the game in the first half with a bruised tricep.
Defensive tackle Markus Kuhn left the game in the third quarter with what was called a lower leg injury. Kuhn was seen with a wrap on his ankle when he returned from the locker room.
Jason Pierre-Paul left the game briefly in the first half with an apparent leg injury, but returned on the following series.
More from sbnation.com:
- New York Giants news, 8/22: Giants offense called 'embarrassing'
- Giants at Jets 2014 Preseason: Game time, TV channel, injuries, online streaming, odds, more
- Football Outsiders Q&A: Expectations for Will Beatty
- Alex Boone Trade Rumors: Deal to Giants, or anywhere, seems unlikely
- Giants Injury Report: Mike Patterson to make preseason debut
- New York Giants news, 8/21: Gilbride talks about Giants 'collective malaise'
- Sports & Recreation
- American Football
- New York Giants