Clive Mason/Getty Images
Ghana stars Kevin-Prince Boateng and Sully Muntari have been kicked off the World Cup team hours before the Portugal game, the Ghanaian football association has confirmed.
According to team beat reporter Gary Al-Smith, the midfielders were involved in a training-ground altercation two days ago.
In a statement, the team said Boateng was suspended for " vulgar verbal insults targeted at coach Kwesi Appiah."
Ghana is still alive in the World Cup. They will advance to the knockout stage if they win, the U.S. loses to Germany, and either game is decided by more than one goal.
But they are very much a team in crisis. A plane filled with $3 million in cash was flown from Ghana to Brazil yesterday after players threatened to mutiny over unpaid bonuses.
More From Business Insider
- Here's What Happens To The US In Every World Cup Scenario
- Bitten Italy Player Slams FIFA Referee For Ignoring The Luis Suarez Bite
- Luis Suarez Bites An Italy Player In The Middle Of A World Cup Game
- The US Needs A Point Against Germany Much More Than People Realize
- Mexico Scores 2 Goals In 3 Minutes, Coach Goes Absolutely Bonkers