Here are your daily links, including where PK Subban is right now, a Dustin Tokarski interview, a "Fascinating Hab", and more!
Montreal Canadiens Links
- Jimmy Murphy spoke to Dustin Tokarski, here's the audio of the interview.
- So I am sitting at work and my hockey teammate Jared texts me this picture of PK Subban (see below) training on the ice at the local rink, where the Florida Panthers practice. Subban is down in South Florida on vacation before training camp. Good to see that he is still working out and not just sitting on the beach all day!
- Among all the broadcasting rumours RDS has announced their broadcast schedule for the Canadiens. You'll be able to catch 64 Habs games on the network.
- See which Hab made the "10 Most Fascinating Players" for 2014-2015 List. That really is a weird list name isn't it? Regardless, glad to see that a Hab is "fascinating"!
- The Habs and the ECHL's Wheeling Nailers have extended their affiliation for the 2014-2015 season. I don't think Mike Condon will be back though with how the goaltending situation is shaking up for the Canadiens.
- Former Hab Scott Gomez gets an invitation to the Devils camp. It looks like Lou Lamoriello and the Devils are willing to forgive Gomez for spurning them in 2007 for the Rangers money. That or he was the only old veteran left that they could sign seeing as they are trying to sign all of them! I hear Tomas Kaberle is next on their list!
- Courts have allowed the Belle Centre to sell beer during away games. Bonus!
Around the NHL
- Check out today's NHL 30-in-30 team: Los Angeles Kings. Coming off their second Stanley Cup in three years, will the Kings establish themselves as the ultimate dynasty in the salary cap era? The Blackhawks might be thinking the same thing however.
- Would the Red Wings really not want to sign their leading scorer from last year? This article makes it seem like as if it's really the Red Wings choice. I'm pretty sure it's Danny's choice!
- Former Hab and recent Philadelphia Flyers signing Ryan White is now out with a muscle injury.
- So what is the real story when it comes to NHL expansion? The NHL vehemently denies expansion, but some have another story. Check out this CBC article.
- Could we be any more upset with the new Rogers TV deal? People will be blacked out all over the place, but here is a list of the 45 people we won't be able to see all the time.
More from sbnation.com:
- Canadiens 2014 Top 25 Under 25: #10 Charles Hudon
- Canadiens 2014 Top 25 Under 25: #9 Artturi Lehkonen
- Andrew Berkshire retires from hockey writing
- Canadiens 2014 Top 25 Under 25: #11 Jiri Sekac
- Ice Level on the Sens sucking forever, with Steve Dangle and Jen LC
- Sylvain Lefebvre's Ice Bucket Challenge was bad ass
- 2013-14 Canadiens Season Review: Michael Bournival
- Time for the Canadiens to move on from Francis Bouillon
- Max Pacioretty and David Desharnais are not inseparable
- Sports & Recreation
- Ice Hockey
- Dustin Tokarski
- PK Subban