Lopez, Greer, El-Abd, Bridge
Bridcutt, Hammond, Orlandi
LuaLua, Mackail-Smith, Barnes
Perch, Williamson, Collocini, Santon
Bigirimana, Tiote, Marveaux
Sammy Ameobi, Cisse, Obertan
Brighton will be looking to capitalize on a weakened Newcastle team - yet to win away from home this season - as Gus Poyet's side aims to knock its Premier League foe out of the FA Cup for the second season in a row.
The Seagulls' will look to their in-form striker Craig Mackail-Smith for goals, as the striker has netted 11 times this season in the League Championship. Mackail-Smith will be joined in the attack by ex-Newcastle player Kazenga LuaLua, with the experienced Ashley Barnes lining up alongside the pair.
Alan Pardew will possibly rotate his regular first team, although his side's current injury crisis hasn't given the Newcastle boss much room to tinker.
New signing Mathieu Debuchy is not available to make his debut despite completing his move from Lille on Friday, while fellow Frenchman Hatem Ben Arfa (hamstring) and Yohan Cabaye (groin) are also both unavailable. Defenders Stephen Taylor (hamstring) and Danny Simpson (broken toe) will also miss the game.
Pardew has hinted that attacker Sammy Ameobi may get a start after a strong performance off the bench against Everton.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Brighton reached the FA Cup final in 1983 against Manchester United. After the teams played to a 2-2 draw the tie went to a replay and Brighton was heavily beaten 4-0.
- Attacker Kazenga LuaLua spent his early years in the Newcastle youth system and made eight senior appearances with the club.
- Brighton defeated Saturday's opponents 1-0 in January 2012, with Mike Williamson scoring an own goal to give the Seagulls the FA Cup fourth-round victory.
- This is the 18th time Newcastle has played Brighton, and the sixth time in the FA Cup.
- The Magpies are still yet to win after going a goal behind since Alan Pardew took over as manager.
- The club's long-serving goalkeeper Steve Harper joined Brighton in October 2011 on a one-month loan spell, playing five times for the club.
- Newcastle has yet to win away from home in the Premier League this season.