Ex-NBA guard Chris Duhon signs with Italian team after recovering from hit-and-run accident

Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical

Four months after a hit-and-run accident, ex-NBA guard Chris Duhon has signed with Caserta in Italy, his agent, Kevin Bradbury, told Yahoo Sports on Friday night.

Duhon sustained serious head and body injuries in October upon getting thrust onto a car's hood and hitting his head on the windshield.

Duhon had gotten into a verbal disagreement with a man in an Orlando parking garage. Matters escalated when the man climbed into his car and made a run for Duhon and his brother-in-law. Duhon, 31, has played nine seasons with Chicago, New York, Orlando and the Los Angeles Lakers.

After the Lakers waived him this summer, Duhon had been an unsigned free-agent. Bradbury of BDA Sports told Yahoo Sports, "Chris is ready to play again and wants to show everyone he's healthy. This is a great opportunity."