Cornelisse, Douglas, Wisgerhof, Rosales
Fer, Janssen, Brama
Chadli, De Jong, John
Uchida, Matip, Papadopoulos, Fuchs
Obasi, Raul, Draxler
Steve McClaren is set to name an unchanged team from the side that crushed Eredivisie title rival PSV 6-2 over the weekend. The only possible change is Dwight Tiendalli coming in for Tim Cornelisse, though doubts remain over the 25-year-old's fitness.
Douglas' domestic suspension does not apply to European competition, but Denny Landzaat and Andrej Rendla are out with calf and knee problems respectively. Wesley Verhoek is back in training after his foot injury, but lacks the match fitness to start the encounter.
The bad news for Schalke is that Klaas-Jan Huntelaar has not recovered sufficiently from the concussion he sustained on international duty against England. Benedikt Howedes picked up a thigh injury in the course of the weekend's clash with Freiburg, and will be missing from the defense, along with Christoph Metzelder, who has a hamstring problem.
Jefferson Farfan is suspended for this match for accumulation of yellow cards, while Teemu Pukki in cup-tied. Lewis Holtby has been training with the club's youth ranks, but it is unclear whether the 21-year-old will be fit to start the match.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- These two sides have met on just one occasion in the past, with Twente defeating its German counterpart 2-1 in the 2008-09 UEFA Cup group stage.
- The Grolsch Veste club defeated Zenit St. Petersburg in the round of 16 of Europa League last season, before losing to Villarreal in the quarterfinals.
- Since being eliminated by the Madrigal outfit last season, the Dutch side is unbeaten at home in the competition for a total of six matches.
- Schalke striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (right) is the Europa League's top remaining goalscorer with six goals. Matias Suarez of Anderlecht has seven strikes to his name, but the Belgians were eliminated in the round of 32.
- The Veltins Arena club has played four times on Dutch soil, and has failed to win on each occasion.
- Huub Stevens' men are unbeaten in their last nine Europa League games, after a shock 2-0 reverse at the hands of HJK Helsinki in the qualifying rounds.
For all the latest action, check out the Fox Soccer Plus FREE Trial
- Tim Cornelisse