The Philadelphia Eagles are scheduled to face the New York Jets in Philadelphia on Thursday night, August 28th, at 7:00 PM EST. This contest marks the final game of the 2014 NFL Preseason for each team. Click here to find out how to watch the game. Find complete cover of the game here.
The Philadelphia Eagles are set to take on the New York Jets in a battle of backups at Lincoln Financial Field. Matt Barkley will start at quarterback for the Eagles as several other players look to make the team. New York will showcase former Philadelphia starting passer Michael Vick in the matchup.
Thursday's game will offer an opportunity for the likes of Ifeanyi Momah, Quron Pratt, Damaris Johnson, Arrelious Benn and Jeff Maehl in their battle for the sixth wide receiver spot (that may not exist). Running backs Matthew Tucker, Henry Josey and Kenjon Barner will also try to make positive impressions with the coaching staff heading into final cuts. There will also be a spotlight on the ever-polarizing kicker competition as well.
Date: Thursday, August 28th, 2014
Time: 7:00 p.m. EST
Channel: WPVI (ABC/6 - Philadelphia) | WCBS (CBS/2 - New York)
Announcers: Scott Graham, Brian Baldinger (Philadelphia) | Ian Eagle, Greg Buttle (New York)
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - Lincoln Financial Field
NFL Network replay: Saturday, August 30th, 2014 at 4:00 p.m. EST
NFL Preseason Live (Use promo code DIRECTV to drop the price by 25%)
Sirius 88 (Internet 823)
Local radio: 94 WIP
Per Bovada, the Eagles are the favorites.
Philadelphia Eagles -3 (EVEN)
New York Jets +3 (-120)
This will be the 34th meeting between the Eagles and Jets in the preseason since 1975. New York owns the preseason series lead with a record of 21-12. This is the 14th consecutive meeting in the preseason.
The Eagles literally own the Jets in the regular season with a 9-0 record against New York. The Eagles are the only franchise the Jets have never defeated in the NFL regular season. The teams last met in the regular season in 2011.
Bleeding Green Nation's complete coverage of the game can be found here.
More: Jets vs Eagles coverage
Check out Gang Green Nation for the Jets perspective on Thursday's game.
- Eagles quarterback Mark Sanchez was drafted in the first round (fifth overall) of the 2009 NFL Draft by the Jets. He played for the team from 2009-2013. Sanchez led the team to AFC Championship games.
- Eagles wide receiver Brad Smith played five seasons in New York after being drafted in the fourth round of the 2006 NFL Draft.
- Eagles quarterback G.J. Kinne spent part of the 2012 offseason with the Jets.
- Thursday will mark Matt Barkley's first career start in the NFL.
- There are no former Oregon players on the Jets roster. Louisville and Wake Forest are the most-represented schools on the Jets roster with four players each. Adding those two alma maters together would still be less than the most prominent college team represented on the Eagles roster, Oregon. There are nine former Ducks on Philadelphia's roster.
- Jets defensive lineman Muhammad Wilkerson played his college football at Temple.
Former Eagles on the Other Sideline
QB Michael Vick (2009-2013)
WR Greg Salas (2012)
DE Jason Babin (2009, 2011-2012)
S Jaiquawn Jarrett (2011-2012)
CB Dimitri Patterson (2009-2010)
OLB Antwan Barnes (2010)
DE Tevita Finau (2012 off-season)
Players to Watch on the Other Sideline
QB Matt Simms
QB Tajh Boyd
WR Quincy Enunwa
OLB Trevor Reilly
More from sbnation.com:
- Giants trade kicker Brandon McManus to Broncos to keep him away from Eagles
- Which Eagles running backs will be kept?
- "Chip Kelly doesn't give a s***"
- How to watch Eagles vs. Jets
- Foles & Romo featured on Sports Illustrated cover
- Signs of improved Eagles roster depth
- Chip Rules Everything Around Me
- Buy the Eagles Almanac now!