Eubanks becomes the first commit Wayne Tinkle has landed with the Beavers.
The Wayne Tinkle era is now officially underway at Oregon State with Monday's news that Class of 2015 power forward Drew Eubanks had committed. 247Sports has the three-star Eubanks as the best player in the state of Oregon. In addition to basketball, Eubanks also will play baseball for the Beavers.
Though he did not play basketball until his freshman year in high school, Eubanks has burst onto the scene this summer after his strong performance at Nike's EYBL, averaging 5.0 points per game, 4.7 rebounds per game, and 1.4 blocks per game. Though his inexperience on the basketball court makes him a bit raw as a prospect, his six-foot-nine frame gives him the potential to thrive on the court.
There is not much basketball film available on Eubanks, but here's a clip of his from the aforementioned EYBL (H/T HighSchoolCube.com).
As The Oregonian's Andrew Nemec points out, this is the start of a big week recruiting-wise for the Beavers. Set to visit this week are four-star small forward Tres Tinkle (Wayne's son, #66 in 247Sports Class of 2015), and four-star shooting guard, Stephen Thompson, Jr. (son of Beavers assistant Stephen Thompson, #60 in the Class of 2015). If Oregon State can land those two players, in addition to the already signed Eubanks, their future will look very bright.
More from sbnation.com:
- Cal football: Observations of the California Golden Bears in fall camp
- Washington State has a better run game than you think
- WSU vs. Rutgers preview: Can Mike Leach get the Air Raid plundering?
- Arizona State football is back in Tempe: Our ASU vs. Weber State preview
- UCLA vs. Virginia preview: Brett Hundley kicks off his Heisman campaign
- Pac-12 recent and 2014 non-conference primer: The Pac-12 owns the ACC and Big Ten... Big 12 not so much