You know that Slovenia lost to Team USA today in convincing fashion.
No surprise there. A country with 400 million people to choose from can beat a country with 2 million people to choose from. Slovenia is a country full of heart, trust and effort but they are not blessed with the same level of athleticism as the very best the country of 'Murca can offer. That's just the way it is.
I loved that Marc Stein got some time with Goran Dragic after the game:
"Their energy is unbelievable," Dragic told ESPN.com just outside Slovenia's locker room, having managed a mere six points in 21 minutes Tuesday night against the swarms of NBA peers that never left him alone in Team USA's 101-71 exhibition rout.
"It's hard. Especially on the pick-and-roll tonight, I didn't see any solutions."
"It was crazy. It felt like three or four guys on me the whole time. I can beat one or two guys, but then they're so athletic, it's really tough to [get] open. Or even if you find [another] open guy, their rotations are so fast. It's tough."
"The NBA can offer so many good players, even if those other guys didn't come, USA still has a good chance to win a gold medal," Dragic said.
"It's them and Spain. But the way they play so aggressively, they can pressure the whole court. They can beat anyone."
Dragic was understandably frustrated after the game. He was still on limited minutes, thanks to an agreement with the Suns, but that minutes-limit will end once the World Cup starts this weekend. At that point, Dragic will play all of their games and as many minutes as his coach needs. And then its back to training camp.
Stephen Curry didn't feel bad for his Pacific Division foe, but did throw out this nugget to Stein:
"The scary thing is it might make him a little better going into next season, having demanded all that attention."
More from sbnation.com:
- One year after being traded for Eric Bledsoe, former Phoenix Suns forward Jared Dudley traded for cap space
- Phoenix Suns' Dragic and Thomas both want Eric Bledsoe back to wreak havoc on league
- Eric Bledsoe for Julius Randall Trade
- Phoenix Suns training camp: Casey Prather, Earl Barron accept invitations
- Solar Flares 8/26: Love Lost, Bledsoe Standoff, #NBAMovies
- Going Gorilla: The art of striking out - the Phoenix Suns are struggling to seal the deal with star players
- Sports & Recreation
- Marc Stein
- Phoenix Suns