United are reportedly on the brink of confirming the arrival of Ajax versatility man Daley Blind.
Manchester United could reportedly announce the signing of Ajax's Dutch international Daley Blind, with the two clubs having reportedly agreed a fee of €18 million. This news comes courtesy of Dutch journalist Elko Born, who has described the transfer as a "done deal":
Various Dutch media are reporting Blind will move to Manchester United for a fee of €18 million. Deal will probably be confirmed today.— Elko Born (@Elko_B) August 30, 2014
By 'confirmation' I mean that the clubs must announce it for it to be official. That hasn't happened, but it's all true. It's a done deal.— Elko Born (@Elko_B) August 30, 2014
Sure, Blind isn't the most exciting signing, but he offers depth and quality in a number of positions. TBB isn't yet convinced he's good enough to play central midfield regularly, but with Luke Shaw's fitness being continually called into question, he'll be handy to use as a left wing-back for the time being.
More from sbnation.com:
- United haven't bid for Juve midfielder, but they might be about to, perhaps — reports
- United chasing "£20m" Liverpool midfielder
- Why Ángel Di María is exactly what Manchester United need
- MK Dons 4-0 Manchester United: Report/tactical analysis
- New reports: Manchester United look to seal £34m Vidal deal in coming days
- OFFICIAL: Ángel Di María is a Manchester United player