The bout is added to the developing pay-per-view card, which is set to take place on Sept. 27 at a yet-to-be-determined venue in Las Vegas. ESPN.com initially reported the bout.
Cruz hasn't fought since 2011, when he defeated Demetrious Johnson at UFC Live 6 in October of that year. Following the bout, Cruz dealt with a number of issues with his knee, needing surgery on two occasions to repair a troubled ACL.
A bout with then-interim champion Renan Barao was to be Cruz's return from the sidelines, but another injury forced him out of the bout and spurred UFC officials to strip him of the title. Barao was named champion at that time.
Mizugaki has been on a career run since 2012, winning five fights in a row within the Octagon. The Japanese fighter most recently went the distance with Francisco Rivera, winning a unanimous decision at UFC 173 last May.
- As the Dominoes Fall, Francisco Rivera Agrees to Face Takeya Mizugaki at UFC 173
- T.J. Dillashaw vs. Takeya Mizugaki Set for UFC 173
- Dana White Announces Dominick Cruz’s Injury, Urijah Faber Now Faces Renan Barao (Video)
- Bantamweight Bout Bewteen Takeya Mizugaki and Nam Phan Booked for UFC Fight Night 33
- Takeya Mizugaki vs. Erik Perez Agreed to for UFC on Fox Sports 1 #2 in Indianapolis
(Follow @Erik_Fontanez on Twitter)