The Dolphins started the first round of cuts in an effort to get down to 75 players by 4PM tomorrow afternoon. The first three cuts were announced via Amondo Salguero of the Miami Harald's Twitter feed this evening. The Dolphins waived OT Steven Baker, safety Demetrius Wright and kicker John Potter. Potter was injured in Saturdays contest vs. the Dallas Cowboys and was of course made expendable with the signing of kicker John Rodgers.
The Dolphins still have 10 more cuts to make to get them down to the 75 by tomorrow. Following Thursdays game the Dolphins will then have until Saturday at 4PM ET to get down to the final 53 man roster number in preparation for their first game of the season against the New England Patriots on Sunday September the 7th at 1PM ET.
Dolphins waived Steven Baker, Demetrius Wright, and waived injured John Potter.— Armando Salguero (@ArmandoSalguero) August 26, 2014
More from sbnation.com:
- Cowboys vs Dolphins final score: Miami wins 25-20 over Dallas in Preseason Week 3 contest
- Dan Marino joining Dolphins; Hall of Fame quarterback coming home
- 5 Takeaways from the Miami Dolphins Victory over the Dallas Cowboys
- NFL calendar 2014: When are roster cuts, other important dates?
- Cowboys vs Dolphins reaction: Miami fans react to win with five words
- Dolphins preview withFootball Outsiders Part 2: Dion Jordan, Cameron Wake, and Ryan Tannehill
- Sports & Recreation
- American Football
- Demetrius Wright
- Dallas Cowboys