Buzzing on Yahoo Sports:

Dolphins place Martin on NFI list

The SportsXchange

The Miami Dolphins placed offensive tackle Jonathan Martin on the non-football illness list, meaning he is not eligible to return this season.

Martin has been away from the team since Oct. 28 after claiming harassment and bullying from several teammates, including offensive guard Richie Incognito.

The Dolphins signed safety D.J. Campbell from the practice squad to take Martin's spot on the 53-man roster.

Miami will pay Martin's remaining $607,466 base salary for this season, a source told Pro Football Talk. The 24-year-old is in the second of a four-year contract he signed his rookie season.

The Dolphins reportedly have agreed to keep Incognito on the roster while the NFL concludes its investigation.

Incognito's four-game suspension was to end Monday under terms of the collective bargaining agreement, but it was extended with pay and could last up to six weeks in a deal reached with the Dolphins.

He will not be paid for two weeks of the suspension. Reports indicated that it cost him $470,588.

Attorney Ted Wells, who is conducting the investigation, said earlier that he would need a few more weeks to complete his work.
Sign up for Yahoo Fantasy Basketball
View Comments (3)