After Jon Jones took a shot at Daniel Cormier for finishing fourth at the Olympics, Cormier launched the perfect retaliatory tweet.
The heat has certainly died down considerably between Jones and Cormier as of late, the postponement of their UFC light heavyweight title fight being the obvious culprit. Before Jones was injured, the two men were brawling at press conferences, taking shots on social media and getting into heated exchanges when they thought ESPN cameras were turned off.
In Cormier's second trip to the Olympics he was unable to compete due to kidney failure linked to excessive weight cutting. So, while Jones' fourth place comments may have been correct, they seemed to minimize a fantastic career that saw Cormier a win away from a medal in 2004 and named as his country's captain in 2008.
Cormier found the most appropriate way to respond, however, as he dug up an old photo to point out that Jones had a much "worse" fourth place finish:
And, yes, that is Matt Riddle placing above Jones.
More from sbnation.com:
- Scott Coker shares his plans for Bellator
- Video: Jon Jones spars with Mike Tyson…and loses
- UFC: Bisping vs. Le Media Day Photos: Staredowns, Ronda Rousey and Dana White Q&A
- Eddie Alvarez to fight Donald Cerrone in UFC 178 co-main event
- Andrei Arlovski: I know that Overeem injured Jon Jones simply because he injures everyone with whom he trains
- Chuck Zito says he'd do the same thing as War Machine, then apologizes and frames self as defender of women
- Sports & Recreation
- Martial Arts
- Daniel Cormier
- Jon Jones