Manning certainly helped his chances with this pick-six off of Colts QB Chandler Harnish.
The Bengals are probably still debating on whether to keep 4 of 5 safeties on the final 53-man roster. If they only keep 4, it's hard to see backup veteran Danieal Manning making the final 53-man roster. He's probably fifth in line behind Reggie Nelson, George Iloka, Shawn Williams and Taylor Mays.
Manning certainly helped his chances with this pick-six off of Colts QB Chandler Harnish in the second quarter to give Cincy a 21-0 lead.
H/T to Fansided for the GIF
As mentioned before, Manning is fighting to secure his roster spot, and every small play helps. That means this big play may have done wonders for his odds at making the team.
To this point, he and Mays have been in an intense battle for that fourth safety spot if the Bengals only go with 4, and the younger and more versatile Mays looks like the slightly better option.
More from sbnation.com:
- NFL Preseason Roster Cut Tracker 2014
- Steelers won't punish Le'Veon Bell or LeGarrette Blount; Will play vs Panthers
- Bengals vs Cardinals: Biggest Dress Rehearsal Disappointments
- Josh Gordon goes all in, but loses appeal; Will miss 2014 NFL Season
- Film Room: Russell Bodine continues to get pushed around
- 2014 Cincinnati Bengals Player Previews
- Bengals Roster Cuts: 75-Man Roster set; Must be 53 by Saturday
- Dennard, Green-Ellis, Gresham dealing with injuries and ailments