And surprisingly, White is not offended and will not be dropping any F-bombs, instead choosing to counter the accusation with reason and logic. Go figure.
Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) President Dana White has been named one of the "biggest sleazebags in sports" by Gentleman's Quarterly (GQ) magazine, because he underpays his employees, bullies his rivals, and tries to impersonate Don King.
See the full explanation (with pics) right here.
Naturally, it didn't take long for White to get wind of his inclusion on a list that also features such illustrious "sleazebags" like War Machine, Aaron Hernandez, and Donald Sterling. But there were no F-bombs or fireworks (sorry about that), but rather dissapointemtn that UFC as a brand had to suffer along with him.
From The Download:
"You're never going to be able to stop what people say about you, and everybody isn't going to love you. But I don't take offense to anything. When you're in a public position like this you're always going to have people say things about you. Believe me, if I worried about everything that was said about me, I would have been a mess a long time ago. That kind of stuff doesn't bother me at all, not even a little bit. It was definitely written by someone who is uneducated about the sport. I'm sandwiched between War Machine and Lance Armstrong. The thing that's unfortunate is that it's unfair for the UFC as a brand. UFC pays its fighters very well."
Dana White taking the high road? What kind of sleazebag does that?
More from sbnation.com:
- Pic: Luke Rockhold grabs tiger by the balls, quickly apologizes after getting flamed by Internet
- Dana White UFC 177 video blog: Raw, graphic footage from UFC 175 including bloody Ronda Rousey, broken Uriah Hall, and more!
- Stephan Bonnar signs with Bellator, promises to rid MMA world of 'Tito Ortiz virus'
- UFC President Dana White joins War Machine on GQ List of 'The 25 Biggest Sleazebags in Sports'
- Video: Ronda Rousey training partner and 'Four Horsewomen' stablemate Marina Shafir knocked out in California
- UFC 181: 'Versatile' Chris Weidman respects Vitor Belfort, but still plans to stand and bang