The Cowboys were busy churning their roster again today.
The Dallas Cowboys made several moves today and contemplated another. Of course, the one getting all the attention is the possibility of Michael Sam becoming a member of the practice squad. If he passes his physical tomorrow, he should be added to the practice squad. If that happens, then the Cowboys will have to release a player because they are at the maximum of 10 players. Earlier the Cowboys added tackle John Wetzel and defensive back Jemea Thomas. Someone from the practice squad will have to go with the signing of Sam.
Dallas made another move at defensive end today, officially moving rookie DeMarcus Lawrence to the injured reserve/designated for return list. Once placed on that list the player can't practice for six weeks and can't play in a game for eight weeks. Lawrence fractured his foot in training camp.
More from sbnation.com:
- Dallas Cowboys News & Notes: The 53-Man Revolving Door Spins On
- Are The Cowboys Going To Part Ways With Ahmad Dixon?
- 2014 Dallas Cowboys Roster: Judgment Day For Pet Cats
- Dallas Cowboys To Add Michael Sam To The Practice Squad
- Cowboys Adding DE Jack Crawford, S CJ Spillman
- The Weekly BEast Report: Previewing The Cowboys Rivals In The NFC East
- American Football
- Sports & Recreation
- Dallas Cowboys
- The Cowboys