The list of cuts to get to 75 are in.
Like the rest of the league, the Dallas Cowboys had to get down to 75 players by this afternoon. They got a start on the cuts yesterday when they released defensive end Martez Wilson and fullback J.C. Copeland. Today, the following names were added to the cut/injured list.
DE Ben Gardner
DT Amobi Okoye
DE Martez Wilson
Every cut down day comes with a few surprises. Yesterday, cutting Martez Wilson was a mild shock as he was one of the few defensive line players to apply any kind of pressure on QBs in the preseason. Caleb Hanie lost out to Dustin Vaughan for the third QB spot, and the Cowboys just may be giving up on safety Matt Johnson. Technically they could bring him back to IR later, so we'll see.
More from sbnation.com:
- Dallas Cowboys News & Notes: Cowboys vs Dolphins "Doesn't Count, But It Matters."
- Source: Cowboys Leaning Toward Putting Spencer On Active Roster
- Cowboys @ Dolphins Preseason: Game Time, TV Schedule, Online Streaming, Radio & More
- NFL PUP, Injured Reserve And NFI Designations: Cowboys Must Use Them Wisely
- 12 Cowboys Players Who Are Doing Some "Carpe Diem"
- How Many Undrafted Free Agents Will Make The Dallas Cowboys Roster?