Today's links look at the crowded outfield, some pleasant surprises and the selections for the Arizona Fall League.
Speaking of all of the new outfielders, Chad Finn tried to figure out how it can all work. (Chad Finn; Boston.com)
Ben Lindbergh takes an in-depth look at the Rusney Castillo signing and what it says about international signings. (Ben Lindbergh; Grantland)
Timothy Brooks looks at the brighter sides of things, identifying the pleasant surprises from 2014. (Timothy Brooks; Fire Brand of the AL)
In the world of small victories, the Red Sox have been much better at stealing bases of late. (Brain MacPherson; Providence Journal)
Koji Uehara has been in the midst of some serious struggles in his last few outings, but he won't be shut down for the season. (Mark Polishuk; ESPN Boston)
The Red Sox have announced some of their Arizona Fall League players. (Jon Crowell; Sox Prospects)
More from sbnation.com:
- It's time to change the Red Sox rotation
- After signing Rusney Castillo, what next for the Red Sox?
- Should the Red Sox sell high on Brock Holt?
- Red Sox place six players on waivers, and why that doesn't matter
- It's Ben Affleck's birthday, so the Red Sox will probably lose today
- The importance of Christian Vazquez's final weeks
- Roger Clemens would wear a Red Sox hat into the Hall of Fame