- "Pettine, Browns preparing for life without Gordon" (AP) - "While Josh Gordon waits to hear from the NFL, the Cleveland Browns think they have an idea about what is going to happen. Coach Mike Pettine said Sunday that Gordon did not play in the Browns' previous exhibition game because the team is preparing to be without the All-Pro wide receiver for at least part of the season."
- "Gabriel catching on" (OBR) - "Undrafted rookie free agent wide receiver Taylor Gabriel is making his case to make the Browns roster. Mike Pettine said other than Miles Austin and Andrew Hawkins he sees the rest of the receiving corps as up for grabs with Nate Burleson being plagued by injuries throughout training camp."
- "ReFo: Rams @ Browns, Preseason Week 3" (PFF) - "It’s difficult to come away from this game thinking about anything other than Sam Bradford. With 8:23 left in the first quarter Armonty Bryant beat Jake Long(-3.3 grade in his first game back from his torn ACL) outside and put a hit on Bradford that took him out of the game."
- "Browns GM Ray Farmer Q&A: Part 3" (ESPN) - "Ray Farmer is in his first season as the Browns’ general manager. He recently discussed his feelings on the state of the team, its lightning-rod rookie quarterback and trying to be patient and prudent in an age that craves immediate gratification."
- "What's next for the Rams with Sam Bradford done for 2014?" (SI.com) - "We are not all that far removed from Sam Bradford being considered one of the NFL's brightest future stars. He won the Heisman Trophy in 2008, was the No. 1 overall pick two years later and then captured rookie of the year honors."
- "Cam Newton has fractured rib" (ESPN) - "Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton suffered a hairline fracture to a rib during Friday night's loss at New England and will not play in Thursday's preseason finale at Pittsburgh."
- "Wes Welker diagnosed with third concussion in 10 months" (CBS) - "For the third time in 10 months, Wes Welker has been diagnosed with a concussion. The latest head injury for the Broncos wide receiver happened in the second quarter of Denver's 18-17 loss to Houston on Saturday."
- "Vontaze Burfict calls it a night after hamstring injury" (PFT) - "Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict had an eventful week. He reportedly agreed to a new contract, although it hasn’t been signed yet, and then was waylaid by a stomach virus that kept him out of practice."
More from sbnation.com: