The Cubs are trying to turn the tables as they face contenders. There also could be a flip in the rotation, changing the roster, and the boundaries of a stadium. Oh, and there are doves stalking our planet.
I'm going to have an extra article tomorrow. Read it. (Note from Al -- definitely read it. It's good, and timely.)
From Comcast SportsNet
- Edwin Jackson knows he has a lot to prove after his DL stint. He also knows a role change could be in the cards.
- Spiders are occupying the Wrigley Field pressbox.
- Chicago Bulls' rookie Doug McDermott serenaded Cub fans with "Take Me Out to the Ballgame."
- The Cubs flipped the script on the Orioles.
- Jake Arrieta used to play for the O's, of course. His former manager Buck Showalter is proud of the progress Arrieta has made.
From Cubs Den
- Nothing, oddly.
- A cancer patient who has inspired Anthony Rizzo made a visit to Wrigley Field.
- If he is called on, Jacob Turner is ready to take the ball from the start.
- Logan Watkins is back in the bigs and among familiar faces.
- Edwin Jackson's days as a starting pitcher for the Cubs may be over.
- Jake Arrieta has gone from Orioles cast-off to Cubs' ace.
- The Giants are the latest to find plenty of holes against Travis Wood.
- Jacob Turner has given some intriguing glimpses into what he can do.
- Javier Baez is making a habit of launching homers onto the street.
- Hector Rondon has made it to the 20 save plateau, a mark his manager calls a great accomplishment.
- Mailbag time.
- Javier Baez shook off nerves in his return to shortstop.
- Fred Mitchell says the Orioles could be a good model for the Cubs.
- The Cubs have been rooting for the Jackie Robinson West Little League team from Chicago (and congrats to them on their big win Saturday!), but diversity in baseball still has a long way to go.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- In case you didn't see this, cutting hours for the grounds crew may have led to Tarp Gate.
From the Daily Herald
- Bruce Miles has noticed that visiting fans are making their voices heard at Wrigley.
- The Unfriendly Confines. Here's more on the rooftop owners recently filing a lawsuit, written by a lawyer.
- At this point, I'm not sure if this is a blessing or a curse. But Peter Gammons thinks Kyle Hendricks is the real deal.
Today's food for thought
- NASA has released "doves" into space to stalk our planet.
- How good is a shark's eyesight?
- Dolphins get high on Pufferfish toxins.
- Bioluminescent trees could light up our streets.
More from sbnation.com:
- Cub Tracks Blames The Conditions
- Cub Tracks Doesn't Shut Down
- Cub Tracks Is Pitching For Options
- Cub Tracks Has A Deep Rotation
- Cub Tracks Is Theme-Free
- Cub Tracks Is The Center Of Attention
- Sports & Recreation
- Edwin Jackson