Ask and you shall receive is the motto for Dana White after lightweight Donald Cerrone earned two post-fight bonuses at UFC 150.
A few weeks ago, Cerrone accused former WEC lightweight champion Anthony Pettis of ducking him. But since Cerrone had a fight with former teammate Melvin Guillard in Denver on tap, he couldn’t afford to overlook his opponent.
Since then, Pettis has responded in kind and has stated that if the fight were offered, he’d be more than happy to oblige.
“Yeah, he made some comments about me on twitter and then people were like he’s not saying anything to you back,” Cerrone said on the UFC Post-Fight Show on Fuel TV. “Anthony is the fight I want and I’m looking forward to it. As soon as it happens, I’ll sign it, train it and let’s do it man. Let’s not talk back-and-forth on Twitter; let’s just make it happen.”
Now that UFC 150: Henderson vs. Edgar II is all said and done, White likes the idea of the former WEC lightweights going head-to-head.
“Yeah, I like it, sounds like a great idea,” he said on Saturday night.
An official date for the bout has not been set yet, but Cerrone remains anxious to meet Pettis on the other side of the Octagon. Despite angering Pettis, Cerrone now wants to back away from any pre-fight antics and move forward with a clear head.
“I got to try and control my emotions when I fight,” Cerrone said at the post-fight press conference. “My emotions don’t end up too well, so I’m just going to stay away from all the crap talking. We got to do what we got to do; the fight is going to get signed. So sign, train hard and I’ll see you when I see you.”
- Donald Cerrone
- Anthony Pettis