|Monterrey (4-4-2): Ibarra; Osorio, Mier, Basanta, Chavez; Zavala, Ayovi, Cardozo, Meza; De Nigris, Suazo||
|LA Galaxy (4-4-2): Cudicini; Leonardo, DeLaGarza, Gonzalez, Dunivant; Magee, Sarvas, Juninho, Franklin; Keane, Villarreal.||
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- A.J. DeLaGarza scored a first-half goal to give the Galaxy an advantage, but the home side allowed goals from Humberto Suazo and Aldo De Nigris in the final 10 minutes to give the Rayados a massive 2-1 win in the first leg.
- Monterrey is the two-time defending champion of this competition. The Rayados beat Real Salt Lake in the 2010-11 final, before vanquishing Santos Laguna in the 2011-12 final.
- Despite being withdrawn from the first leg with what was described as a "headache", Galaxy midfielder Juninho has been pronounced fit for this match.
- LA will have one slight advantage heading into this match: MLS postponed the team's game on Saturday to allow more rest, while Monterrey had a league game on Sunday. A reserve-laden Rayados side lost 1-0 to Toluca.
- Landon Donovan has made two 30-minute substitute appearances since his return from sabbatical, and indicated this week he could be in line to make his first start of the season in this match.
- The winners of the semifinals will advance to the two-leg final, to be played on April 24 and May 1. The winner of the 2012-13 CONCACAF Champions League will earn a berth to the 2013 FIFA Club World Cup in Morocco.
- Sports & Recreation
- LA Galaxy
- Aldo De Nigris
- Humberto Suazo