|LA Galaxy (4-4-2): Cudicini; Franklin, DeLaGarza, Gonzalez, Dunivant; Magee, Sarvas, Juninho, Clark; Keane, Villarreal.|
|Monterrey (4-4-2): Ibarra; Meza, Mier, Basanta, Chavez; Zavala, Ayovi, Cardozo, Corona; De Nigris, Suazo||
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- This is the first of a two-leg, aggregate goal semifinal. The second leg will be played on April 10 at Estadio Tecnológico in Monterrey
- Monterrey is the two-time defending champion of this competition. The Rayados beat Real Salt Lake in the 2010-11 final, before vanquishing Santos Laguna in the 2011-12 final.
- Monterrey defeated Guatemalan side Xelaju in the quarterfinal by a 4-2 aggregate score. The Galaxy got by Costa Rican side Herediano with a 4-1 aggregate win.
- Galaxy forward Robbie Keane missed out on Saturday's 2-2 draw with Toronto FC, but is expected to be ready for this match.
- Monterrey starting goalkeeper Jonathan Orozco will miss both legs of the semifinal with a grade two tear in his right hamstring,
- Landon Donovan made his season debut Saturday against TFC, playing the final 30 minutes of the match. He is expected to be available for both legs of this series.
- The winners of the semifinals will advance to the two-leg final, to be played on April 24 and May 1. The winner of the 2012-13 CONCACAF Champions League will earn a berth to the 2013 FIFA Club World Cup in Morocco.
- Sports & Recreation
- LA Galaxy